Wednesday 5 February 2014

My Skincare Saviours


It's safe to say I'm not on best terms with my skin at the moment, it's been really spotty and red lately! I know that it's really important to look after your skin and I'll be the first to admit that I've not looked after it in the past. I did start to rely on face wipes way too much, oops! So I've decided to do something about it and up my skincare routine. 


It's all about cleanse, tone and moisturise from now:
Cleanse - Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser
Tone - Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic
Moisturise - Origins GinZing Moisturiser

I've already started to notice a difference in the appearance of my skin since using these in a regular routine, the spots are starting to disappear and there's less redness. The main thing I'm noticing however is just how much more makeup I've removed from my face just by doing that second step of toning, it's disconcerting to think that I was leaving so much make up still on my face! 

I have very oily skin, especially on my t-zone and I always felt that moisturisers were making my skin even more greasy. It would just sit on the  skin's surface making it even more spotty, especially intensive moisturisers (I'm looking at you Nivea!). After countless recommendations I decided to try Origins GinZing moisturiser which is soooo much better suited to my skin. It's incredibly light and sinks in to my skin like a dream, there's no more greasiness for a start and I find that my make up no longer sits on the surface around my nose. 


To tackle those pesky spots I turn to my old favourites:
Sudocrem
Tea Tree Oil

Sudocrem is an antiseptic cream mainly used by Mums to treat nappy rash and eczema. However it also works perfectly on spots, especially those swollen, red, under the surface ones that are really hard to shift. Dab a little on a spot before you go to bed and in the morning you'll notice a considerable difference! I probably use Sudocrem more than I do tea tree oil as tea tree can be incredibly drying if used too often. I find its best to use on particularly oily parts of the skin to clear up problem areas.


As well as my face, my hands really suffer in the winter too but for the opposite reason. They become really dry and chapped to the point where they bleed and actually really hurt. I've tried countless hand creams but the only one that works is the Vitamin E Hand & Nail Treatment from The Body Shop. It doesn't make my hands sting and they actually stay moisturised even after one use. I had real trouble with my hands for a long time before I started using the Vitamin E hand cream so if you're like me and have really chapped hands, (well used too!) then definitely give it a try!

Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser 100ml - £13.25 lizearle.com
Liz Earle Instant Boost Skin Tonic 200ml - £13.25 lizearle.com
Origins GinZings Moisturiser - £23.00 origins.co.uk
Dr Organic Tea Tree Pure Oil - £4.39 hollandandbarrett.com 
Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream - £2.59 boots.com
The Body Shop Vitamin E Hand & Nail Treatment - £8.00 thebodyshop.co.uk 

What are your skincare saviours? Let me know below!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Dressed. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig