Sunday 8 November 2015

Nude Lipstick Shades To Suit Fair Skin


I'm a true nude lip girl at heart. At this time of year when everyone else is getting excited about wearing their favourite berry lip shades, I'm more interested in being able to wear my 'slightly darker but barely noticeable' nude lip shades. Don't get me wrong, I love rich, berry shades too but I just don't have the confidence to wear them out of the house. Same goes for red lipstick too! So for me Spring/Summer is all about pink/coral shades and Autumn/Winter is for vary shades of nude lipsticks. I prefer to make more of my eyes than my lips with shadow and liner but still like to look natural. When I wear a bold lip colour I just feel too made up!



I'm sure you'll agree with me that choosing the right nude shade for your skin tone is surprisingly difficult! Too light a shade makes your lips disappear and too dark just completely defeats the object of a nude lip!  The incredible makeup artist Lisa Eldridge recently made a really informative video on her youtube channel about how to find the perfect nude lipstick, so I definitely suggest you check that out!



I don't tend to stray too far away from my natural lip colour when it comes to choosing a nude lipstick. My lips are naturally a dark pink/red colour and very pigmented, so pink and red based shades work best for me to flatter my skin tone. My absolute favourites at the moment are Mac Matte Lipstick in 'Kinda Sexy', a gorgeous pink shade that's ever so slightly darker than my lip colour and my most recent purchase Bourjois Rouge Velvet Edition in 'Don't Pink Of It!' It's a slightly more pale red/pink shade that I've been wearing non stop since I bought it a few weeks ago.


Sorry, I totally forgot to swatch the Rimmel Lasting Finish by Kate lipstick in shade 45! Thanfully for you however you can take a look at my review here for full swatches of all the Rimmel Kate nude lipsticks! Oh and I realise I spelt lacquer wrong on the picture above but it took me ages to edit it and I couldn't be bothered to do it all over again!

My advice if you're fair skinned is to go for a colour that is one shade lighter or darker than your natural lip colour. Stay away from really pale shades, you don't want lips that are the same colour as your skin tone as it tends to make us pale people look washed out. At the end of the day however, it's completely up to you what you want to wear. There isn't really one rule for everyone so go ahead and wear what you think looks good!

Maybelline Color Drama Lip Pencil - £4.99 boots.com
MUA LUXE Lip Lacquer - £3.00 muastore.co.uk
Mac Matte Lipstick - £15.50 debenhams.com
Bourjois Rouge Velvet Edition Liquid Lipstick - £8.99 boots.com
Clinique Pop Lip Colour + Primer - £16 johnlewis.com (mini version currently available with Nov 2015 issue of Glamour Magazine UK)
Rimmel Lasting Finish Lipstick by Kate Nude Collection  - £5.49 boots.com

Ellie x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Dressed. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig