Wednesday 28 August 2013

Rimmel Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara




One of the newest offerings from Rimmel London this summer was the Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara and I've been itching to try it out. The sixties style advertising campaign really caught my eye, I love the wide eyed doll look which is what this mascara was promising. The hour glass shaped brush is supposed to work with the shape of your eye to evenly distribute the product whilst separating the lashes to help create a false lash look.

The retro glam mascara certainly delivers on it's promise of the appearance of longer lashes and to be honest I need all the length I can get! It also has to be one of the longest lasting mascaras I've tried and although it takes a while, once dry it doesn't crumble off after a few hours or smudge under the eyes. I'm not so sure it really thickens the lashes but it certainly makes lashes look darker which gives a fuller look. I have to say though that I didn't really find the hour glass shape of the brush to be any more helpful than other brushes in fanning out the lashes. However after a bit of practise I realised that you can use the thicker end of the brush to separate the lashes. Overall it's a great lengthening mascara which last well through out the day, what more could you want. 
The Retro Glam Mascara doesn't quite replace my love for the Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara but considering it costs half the price, I'd certainly be tempted to buy this mascara again.   
Available here for £4.99 for a limited time only, after which it will be £6.99.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Dressed. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig