Friday 21 February 2014

Review - L'Oreal True Match Foundation


I bought the L'Oreal True Match Foundation with high hopes, its been a beauty bloggers favourite recently so I was desperate to try it out. It's described as being 'super-blendable' as well as beings able to match 'skin colour and texture'. I've tried plenty of foundations that claim to match skin colour but never skin texture so this was a new one to me. To be honest I'm not really sure how this would work other than just being able to sink in to the skin without leaving a layer. So does it live up to it's promises? Well, it's a mixed review if I'm honest but I'll start with the positive. Yep there's only one.

L'Oreal have got the colour matching spot on with this foundation. You can see in the pictures below after I've blended it in that the colour really does match my skin tone perfectly, it literally disappears! By default I tend to pick the lightest shade available of any foundation I buy and even then it's still too dark so it's great to know that L'Oreal  is thinking about us really pale girls too.


Unfortunately, now I'm going to be negative and say that this foundation just did not sit well on my skin at all. I really found it difficult to blend out to look natural and it would look really streaky all across my face. I tried applying it in all different ways using different brushes as just my fingers but still found it very difficult to sink in to my skin.

Second gripe, it made my skin look really dry and flakey especially around my nose. I normally have the opposite problem in that my skin is very oily so I couldn't work out how it was making my oily t-zone look dry, very odd!

The coverage is about average I'd say, it is buildable but it's not great at covering redness so I did rely on my Nars Radiant Creamy concealer quite a lot. The longevity isn't great either, it tended to rub off of random areas of my face even when used along with powder.

It's safe to say I won't be buying this foundation again. it really isn't a terrible foundation, it just doesn't work for me at all. I'd be really interested to hear what other people's experiences are with the L'Oreal True Match Foundation. If you've tried it then let me know below!

L'Oreal True Match Foundation - £9.99 boots.com

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Dressed. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig