Monday 19 August 2013

New Bedroom Decor


It's been months in the planning but my bedroom is finally finished! I've been wanting to redecorate for ages seeing as my room's been the same since I was about 14 and my taste has changed significantly since then. I was starting to get sick of all the pink, not that I don't still love pink, but I just wanted something a bit different and  a bit more me.

If you've seen my previous post, you'll now realise that I went in a different direction to what I had previously planned. (If not you can read it HERE). I saw a picture of a bedroom in one of my Mum's interior magazines and straight away I was like 'That is what I want!'. The colour scheme I chose is aqua blue and white with coral as an accent colour and I don't think I could love it more! It's exactly what I wanted and I just have to say thanks to my Dad for helping me to put it all together! Although saying that, where were you when I decided to start stripping wallpaper on the hottest day of the year! Just kidding.      







The chevron print cushion I made myself (you can see a tutorial HERE) and the blue
cushions duvet cover and shelving units are all from Ikea. The colour on the walls is Javan Dawn 3 from Dulux. The colour changes throughout the day from aqua blue to more of a green blue which I absolutely love. The Sabrina Movie Poster Print is originally from TK MAXX and I 've had it for ages but I think it looks great above my new bed. 
These are the Expedit Shelving Units in white from Ikea with the grey drawer inserts which you buy separately. I've always wanted a wall of book shelves but sadly my room is just not big enough. However I love how I'm able to show off my favourite books and knick knacks and I think they look really great either side of my bed. 
   



Not much has changed with my dressing table, just a much need de clutter and a new chair which fits snugly underneath to free up much needed floor space. I've also since made another chevron print cushion for my new chair. Also, you might not even have noticed but I am definitely planning on replacing all the glass balls which have fallen off the drawer handles and nope I haven't been saying that for the past two years. 
  



The poster was a present from my Mum and Dad a few years ago when they visited Ronda in Spain. I've always loved it and the colours match perfectly with my new colour scheme. It's always just been stuck up on my wardrobe door but it definitely looks much better framed on the wall. Next to it is a reproduction print of an autographed Audrey Hepburn photograph which I love so much. Hopefully one day I'll be able to afford a real signed print of Audrey Hepburn. 
There's a few more things I'd like to do such as painting the opposite wall the same colour and I'll update this post as soon as it's finished.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Dressed. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig