Tuesday 13 January 2015

L'Oreal Miss Manga Punky Mascara Review


I've already mentioned countless times on my blog about how much I love the L'Oreal Miss Manga Mascara so when I saw they had brought out a new version I couldn't not try it could I?! It's the new Miss Manga Punky mascara with a 'texturising formula created by L'Oreal Paris researchers' which supposedly creates 'unique spiked lashes' with 'mega volume'. 

So first things first lets take a look at the brush. well it doesn't look like any kind of mascara brush I've ever seen before. It has short plastic bristles spread out across it and yet still manages to hold a lot of product. It also doesn't bend which was one of the unique feature points of the original 

- One Coat On Right Eye -

One similarity however is the very wet formula that again takes a little getting used to before you get it right. I can sort of see what they were trying to do with the short bristles and wet formula creating long lashes that stick together. Almost like a punky mohawk on your eyelids, slightly strange I agree!

Fortunately I found it to be more lengthening than anything else and after one coat there were no spiky lashes to be seen. Instead it seemed to fan out my lashes and produce the mascara evenly, totally not what I was expecting!  

- Two coats -

The second coat was slightly harder to apply as the mascara had already dried quite quickly but the end effect really lengthened and curled my lashes to the point where I actually thought it looked as if I had used eyelash curlers or even lash extensions

So all in all I'm a fan of the new Miss Manga Punky mascara. It's not going to become my everyday mascara as I tend to like a more natural look day to day. I'll more than likely use it when I'm going out for the night and want more of a false lash look. I'm just going to say this though, I still prefer the original hands down!

L'Oreal Paris Mega Volume Miss Manga Punky Mascara £5.99 (introductory offer)  boots.com

Ellie x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Dressed. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig