Tuesday 24 February 2015

The Longest Lasting Foundation Ever?! L'Oreal Infallible 24H Foundation Review


L'Oreal Infallible 24H Foundation has been out for a good few months now and if I'm honest I haven't really heard much about it, good or bad. So I thought I'd try it out for myself seeing as I'm generally a fan of L'Oreal foundations and I haven't tried a high coverage foundation in a good long while. 

This foundation is marketed as being both high coverage and long lasting, lasting a whopping 24 hours in fact! I'm not sure why anyone would wearing makeup for 24 hours without taking it off, one guess is that it's just a marketing ploy to entice people into buying it but I'll get on to that. 
According to L'Oreal it will 'expertly hide the appearance of fatigue and blemishes' and 'your skin will remain fresh from day to night'. Sounds perfect right? I have to admit I don't normally use high coverage foundations as the few I've tried ended up looking too 'cakey' and unnatural for my liking. My skin has it's off days but generally I feel as if I don't really need high coverage either.


- I'm wearing the shade 120 Vanilla -

I've been trying out the L'Oreal Infallible 24H Foundation for a few weeks now and I've got to say I'm really quite impressed with how long lasting it is. Ok so at the end of the day it didn't look quite as good as it had when I first applied it but the only noticeable difference was that I was looking a little shinier. Blemishes and redness were still covered and I would happily have just added a little powder to my face and left the house like that, a big thumbs up for it's lasting ability! Obviously I didn't test out the whole 24 hour thing but I could see it lasting at least 16-18 hours but don't quote me on it!

The coverage is good too, not amazing but it covers blemishes and redness really well once you've built it up a bit. This is where I did begin to have a slight problem however. I found it really quite hard to blend out and look natural particularly around my mouth, hairline and eyebrows. It just wouldn't sit right on my skin in those areas and meant that in the first hour of me wearing it I was constantly making sure it was blended out and ending up getting quite paranoid about having orange streaks on my face. So honestly, I wouldn't say it's a foundation for people with problem skin as I can imagine it would have a tendency to look quite cakey as the consistency is so thick. A thin layer however does provide great coverage for small blemishes and mild redness.


Overall I'd say this is a great foundation for anyone who has some blemishes/redness and doesn't want to worry about their coverage disappearing throughout the day. Used sparingly it provides a natural, slightly glowy finish to the skin and even on oily skin lasts a good long time without ever really having to touch it up.

Have you tried L'Oreal Infallible 24H Foundation? Are there better long lasting foundations I should try? Let me know your thoughts below!

L'Oreal Infallible 24H Foundation £5 chemistdirect.co.uk

(The lovely guys at Chemist Direct sent me this product to review for which I am very grateful!)

Ellie x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Dressed. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig