Wednesday 4 February 2015

'Pick Me Up' Makeup


You know when you have one of those days when you feel a bit rubbish but you can't explain why? Well on those days I like to make an extra special effort with my makeup so I can feel good about at least one aspect of myself. Isn't is funny that makeup has the power to do that, it really can give you enough self confidence to face the day and feel good doing it. 
This makeup is always a real fail safe look for me. It's pretty, girly and just the teensiest bit shimmery. It makes me feel and look as if I've made a real effort and yet I still have quite a natural look. Generally I'm a flick of eyeliner and I'm good to go kinda girl, I don't mess around much with eyeshadow but if I want to make an extra special effort for a daytime look then this is what I'll go for. Keep reading to find out how I achieved the look! 

- Get The Look -

First I applied the light, champagne 'Sweet Sovereign' shimmery shade all over the lid. Next I mixed two shades; 'Omega', a very light matte brown with 'Quintessential', a silvery gold shimmer shadow, applied them to the crease line and blended out. I then used 'Mystery', a dark brown matte shade to define the outer corner of the eye and finished the look with a flick of liquid eye liner and two coats of Benefit Rollerlash mascara. Just so you know, I still haven't made up my mind about the Rollerlash mascara, it just doesn't seem to do much for me but I'm willing to give it a few more tries. I was thinking of doing a review on it but it seems that anyone to wanted to try it has already thanks to the Elle magazine giveaway. Let me know your thoughts on it in the comments section thought, I'm dying to hear what everyone else thinks!

On my cheeks I used Benefit's Bella Bamba blusher which has unfortunately been discontinued. It's a really gorgeous natural pink flush of colour particularly for fair skinned people like me and a little really goes a long way, I'll be gutted when mine runs out! To define my cheekbones I mixed the two lighter shades from the Maybelline Dream Sun Bronzing Powder (Brunette) and finally a swipe of the gorgeous, glossy, coral pink shade 'Corail en Vogue' which is a Bourjois Rouge Edition lipstick.


- What I Used -

So now it's your turn, tell me what makeup look never fails to give you a little pick me up when needed? Do you like this look? Let me know in the comments below!

(Oh and another thing I do when I'm feeling a bit down is watch this video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUYaYKgZq-M. It never fails.)

Ellie x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Dressed. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig