Wednesday 28 January 2015

Nuxe Reve De Miel Lip Balm Review - Is It Any Good?

 

A couple of weeks ago I put out a tweet asking for recommendations on what to buy with some M&S vouchers I had. Quite a few people told me I had to try the Nuxe Reve De Miel Lip Balm, it's a real favourite with loads of beauty bloggers so I thought I would give it a try. First I'll admit it's probably not something I would have bought if I hadn't had the vouchers, I'm jsut not sure I'd normally spend nearly £10 on a lip balm. 

I ended up buying the 20th Anniversary Edition in Red (although it's pink if you ask me!). The Reve De Miel Lip Balm is a best seller for Nuxe, according to their website 'one is sold every 28 seconds throughout the world!' Phew, that's a lot of lip balm. Seems like everyone and their aunt has tried it, I'm obviously very late to the bandwagon!


So a little about the product itself, it contains a highly concentrated mix of honey and precious oils; sunflower, musk rose, almond oils, shea butter and grapefruit essence. All of which promise to help 'nourish, repair, soothe and protect'. I love the idea that it contains all these natural ingredients, that always makes me feel better about what I'm putting on my skin. Plus it smells amazing, kinda citrus-y, very zingy and refreshing. There is also a slight citrus-y taste when it's on the lips, it's not unpleasant though and doesn't last very long either. 


So is it any good? Well yes it's a very good lip balm. The thick consistency means it lasts for absolutely ages on your lips! I like to put it on before I go to bed like a sort of mask for my lips and when I wake up in the morning it's still mostly there. It's also very moisturising, my lips were very chapped thanks to the cold, British weather but within a day they were as soft as anything. Do you know what I like most though, unlike most other lip balms it doesn't make your lips look and feel all shiny and slippery! Just nicely nourished and really soft, as well as feeling really luxurious to use and comes in a cute red (pink!) tub! What's not to like?

Nuxe Reve De Miel Lip Balm - £9.50 uk.nuxe.com

Ellie x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Dressed. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig