Saturday 13 June 2015

Bourjois Aqua Blush - Review & Swatches



Just in time for summer, Bourjois have brought out a new range of gel blushes called Aqua Blush which boast a pretty impressive 12 hr hold. They claim it 'boosts your skins natural radiance with sheer fresh colour' and is currently available in a range of 4 different colours. I ended up buying #02 Cocoricorail, a coral shade and #03 Pink Twice, a rosy pink, mainly because I thought these two shades would suite my pale complexion best. 


Having never tried any kind of gel blush before I was really intrigued by the Aqua Blush, it sounds like just the product to help freshen up my summer makeup routine. I've already moved on to a light weight foundation so why not use a light weight blush too, it makes perfect sense! And light weight it is! It's incredibly easy to blend which is something I was slightly dubious about initially as when it comes out the bottle it does look very pigmented. You really only need a tiny amount for it to blend out beautifully and leave a gorgeous sheer, natural colour. You definitely don't need as much as I've used for the swatches above.  I've found the colour to be really quite build-able too,, little amounts with each layer blended out properly create the perfect flush of colour for an evening look. It really does leave your skin very glowy too, which seeing as that's the sort of look I go for in the summer anyway is great for me. The glow lasts too, maybe not quite as long as the colour but long enough to look fresh faced throughout the day.

The big question however is does it last 12 whole hours? Well no, not really but it doesn't need to either. The bottle is handy enough to pop in your bag and freshen up as the day progresses without the need for any bulky brushes. I will say however that is does last a good 6-8 hours and the colour on your cheeks never really disappears completely. 

- #03 Pink Twice -

- #02 Cocoricorial -

Along with my Bourjois purchases I got an amazing free gift too that I couldn't not mention. Boots is currently running a great deal both in store and online where if you spend £15 or more on Bourjois products, you get a free Sunkiss collection gift set! The set includes: 1 Full Size Maxi Delight Bronzer, 1 Bronzing Powder Brush and 1 Full Size Color Boost Lip Crayon in #04 Peach On The Beach. All of this has a combined total of just under £22, bargain! I recommend you get down to Boots fast if you're keen to get your hands on this as I'm sure it wont be round for long! 



Of both the shades of Aqua Blush that I tried, I have to say, surprisingly, #02 Cocoricorail was my favourite. I mostly tend to stay away from coral blushes as they can look too orange on my pale skin but this one gives me just the right amount of colour and actually ended up looking more natural than the pink. #03 Pink Twice is a really pretty pink however and does give that girly flushed look which, actually I really like too! Well maybe it's a draw then between the two.

Have you tried the new Bourjois Aqua Blush? Do you stick to more light weight makeup products in the Summer? Let me know in the comments below!

Bourjois Aqua Blush - £8.99 boots.com

Ellie x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Dressed. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig