Saturday 20 June 2015

MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquers - Review & Swatches



I'm a huge fan of a bright lip on a night out but it's always annoying when you're constantly fretting about whether your lipstick still looks good after a few hours. This is why I absolutely love liquid lipsticks, they're brilliant at staying in place even after a night/day of eating and drinking, my favourites being the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet Lipsticks. However I recently noticed that budget brand MUA have their very own range of liquid lipsticks, Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquers and at just £3, they're a third of the price of the Bourjois ones! They're not particularly new to the market, I think they came out sometime last year but I wanted to see if they were any good for the price and let you  know the results. 


There are currently ten shades to choose from, most of which are really bright vibrant colours. They're definitely missing a trick here I think, hopefully they'll incorporate a few more everyday, neutral shades into the line in the future. I bought two Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquers in the shades Dare, a deep Fuschia purple-pink and Atomic, an orange-red shade, both of which are really gorgeous, vibrant colours that dry matte.  

Starting with the application of the Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquers, well it's safe to say that like with most liquid lipsticks, they're not exactly easy to apply. They come with a doe foot applicator that although gives you great even coverage, isn't so great for precise application particularly around the lip line. It's not altogether impossible but you may find yourself wiping it all off and starting again like I have on a few occasions! Personally I think a lip brush works much better with the Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquers  especially if you're not used a liquid lipstick before. The colour pay off is absolutely incredible however and they last for ages! I've worn these for hours on end and even after eating a three course meal plus a couple of drinks, they look almost as good as when first applied bar some slight colour fading on the inside of the lips. The colour really doesn't budge though so you don't have to worry about it disappearing off your lips and reapplying in some dimly lit public bathroom! 


I do have another slight niggle with the Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquers unfortunately. On occasion I've found that after a few hours they can go a little crumbly. It's not noticeable to everyone else but it feels uncomfortable to have little dry bits on your lips. It doesn't happen every time I wear them and you don't really lose any of the colour either, it is annoying but easily fixable with a little lip balm applied over the top.


If you're a fan of a bright lip then I would definitely recommend you give the MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquers a try; they're a great price, have excellent colour pay off and there are tons of really cool, bright colours to choose from. They're not quite perfect but at £3 they're great to test out whether liquid lipsticks are for you or not.  

Have you tried the MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquers? What's your favourite brand/shade of liquid lipsticks? I'll love some recommendations for more neutral shades so please let me know in the comments below!

MUA Luxe Velvet Lip Lacquers - £3 superdrug.com

Ellie x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Dressed. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig