Tuesday 22 September 2015

Rimmel Wonder'Full Wake Me Up Mascara Review


I will fully admit, I was drawn into buying the Rimmel Wonder'Full Wake Me Up mascara purely because it has vitamins in it. Oh and cucumber too! It sounds like the kind of ingredients you'd find in your moisturiser not your mascara so I was very, very intrigued! Unfortunately I can't for the life of me find anything that says what vitamins it contains but all vitamins are good right? So we'll go with it. The main selling point of this mascara is it's 'unique formula' which supposedly makes your 'eyes look wide-awake all day'. It conditions your lashes and provides volume, lift and length for that doll like, open eyed look.



If I'm completely honest, my first thoughts when trying the Wake Me Up mascara were that it was just a bit meh. I could take it or leave it. I really liked the cucumber scent, very fresh and zingy for first thing in the morning, but apart from that it wasn't really much different to any other Rimmel mascara I've tried. It didn't do much for my lashes other than clumping them together and gave me neither volume, lift or length. So I left it for a week when I went on holiday then decided to give it another try. Second time round the results were better. I guess it had dried out a bit so no longer did it leave me with wet, clumpy lashes. Instead it became easier to work with, nicely fanning out my lashes with slight adjustments of the hourglass shaped brush. I'm not really a big fan of the brush however, the tapered middle part seems to miss my lashes completely so I end up using the bushier ends instead.

/ One coat /
/ Two coats /

It doesn't give me a huge amount of length or volume but it does the job for an everyday, natural look. I tend to like more length from my mascaras which the Wake Me Up mascara doesn't give me. I find the brush a bit of a faff too and I can't really see how the vitamins and cucumber extract have benefited my lashes in any way. If you like natural looking mascara or are already blessed with beautiful long lashes then the Rimmel Wonder'Full Wake Me Up mascara is well worth a try. Unfortunately it wasn't for me and I won't be repurchasing.

Have you tried the Rimmel Wonder'Full Wake Me Up Mascara? I'd love to hear your thought below!

Rimmel Wonder'Full Wake Me Up Mascara - £7.99 boots.com

Ellie x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Dressed. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig