Sunday 13 July 2014

Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream Review


I've been itching to try a CC cream for ages, basically I just wanted to see what all the fuss was about (talk about being late to the bandwagon!). On a spur of the moment I decided to pick up the Bourjois 123 Perfect CC cream whilst shopping for my holiday toiletries and decided on the shade 33 'Rose Beige', which is a couple of shades darker than what I would normally go for. My thoughts being that I was likely to get a tan on holiday and it would be perfect to use for the rest of the summer. 

The Bourjois CC cream promises to be anti-fatigue, anti-redness and anti-dark spots which it lives up to to a extent. It covered all the little scars and marks left by spots really well to the point when I no longer felt the need to use concealer over the top. It didn't exactly fare so well on the dark circles under my eyes but I like to use a brightening concealer there any way so this wasn't much of a concern. 


As for the CC or 'colour correcting' part I have to say I'm not convinced. After a quick search on the internet, there doesn't seem to be anything scientific about how a CC cream works, it seems like it's just another name for a tinted moisturiser. Honestly though I don't want to be too negative because I actually really like this product and will more than likely continue using it throughout the summer. I like that it provides light to medium coverage yet feels incredibly light on my skin as well as being spf 15 so I know that my skin is protected during the summer months. There is just one thing that's bothering me though, please Bourjois include more colours in the range because at the moment it's limited only to light skin and I'm sure there is plenty of girls with darker skin in the UK who'd love to try it!

Oh and yes that it me with a tan in the picture above, honestly that's pretty tanned for me, a girl who's normally white as a sheet most months of  the year!

Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Cream - £9.99 boots.com

P.S. This is my first post using my new dslr (a canon 1200d if anyone's interested!). Going from a bridge camera to a dslr is taking a little getting used to so my pictures may not be quite right until I've figured it all out!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Dressed. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig