Wednesday 30 December 2015

What I Got For Christmas 2015


Every year I wonder whether I should do a 'What I got for Christmas' post, but they're always so popular and I love reading other peoples posts too. I guess everyone's just as nosey as I am! 

I was incredibly spoilt by my lovely family this year and even though I've already said it, I just want to take the opportunity here again to say a huge thank you to them, I'm so incredibly grateful for all the lovely gifts I received this year. I've loved spending these last few days with my family, it's my absolute favourite thing about Christmas and I'm so incredibly lucky to have them in my life.   


My main presents from my parents this year were a gorgeous rose gold Olivia Burton watch with a mink strap and a new radio for my car. I've wanted an Olivia Burton watch for absolutely ages but they were all so beautiful I couldn't decide which one I liked best. In the end I got my Mum and Dad to choose for me and I think they chose perfectly! 

As for the car radio, you might think it's a slightly strange present to ask for, but for so long I've been desperate to be able to play music from my phone in my car! My car's pretty old, it still has a tape deck and there's a cd changer in the boot, I'm really excited now I'm going to be able to play my own music in my car! 


I got a couple of books too this year, I used to always get tons but I mostly read kindle ebooks these days! My parents got me a book I've been longing to read for ages, Face Paint: The Story Of Makeup by my all time makeup idol Lisa Eldridge. I can't wait to sit down one afternoon and read this from cover to cover! My granny also got me a little book, The Lady In The Van, a true story by Alan Bennet. It sounds like such an interesting story and I plan on seeing the recent movie that's come out based on the book too. 

One of the presents my sister got me (and coincidentally I also got her!) was the Ban.do Gold Ringleader 18 Month Diary. It has the most beautiful illustrations and quirky little quotes inside it and I just love it! She already knew I was going to her the diary and I guess she realised that I loved it too!


I've been after a carnival letter light for absolutely ages and my Mum managed to get me this one for my room. I've only ever seen huge versions but this one is the perfect size to put on the sideboard in my room. Something else I asked for after spotting it on the Asos website was The Selfy Store Blogger Bundle. It contains everything a blogger needs to take good pictures using the camera on your phone including: a stand, a wide angle lens and a blue tooth remote. I think I'll be upping my instagram game come 2016! 


Of course it goes without saying that I got some really great beauty products this year too including: the new Marc Jacobs Decadence perfume, the Balm cosmetics Nude'Tude eye shadow palette, the Nars One Shocking Moment Cheek Palette and the Charlotte Tilbury Mini Lipstick Charms. Eeek, I love playing around with new makeup!

I have to admit, I hardly ever wear perfume but I tried the Marc Jacobs Decadence perfume tester in a magazine a few weeks ago and fell in love with it! These two palettes too, how gorgeous are they! I've been after the Balm cosmetics Nude'Tude palette for ages and my sister very kindly got it for me along with the Nars One Shocking Moment Cheek Palette. The lipsticks too are so beautiful, two nude shades and a vibrant red. I'd never tried anything from Charlotte Tilbury until I got these but I'm pretty sure I'll be making lots of purchases in the future! 


I hope you enjoyed reading about what I got for Christmas this year, now it's your turn! Either leave me links to your 'What I got for Christmas' posts or just let me know in the comments below!

Ellie x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Dressed. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig