Tuesday 19 January 2016

The Balm Nude 'Tude Palette - Review, Swatches & Tutorial


The Balm Nude'Tude Palette was a gift from my Sister this Christmas and I literally haven't touched any of my other palettes since I got it. It's been the only one I've reached for every day since! I know I'm a bit late to the party considering The Balm Cosmetics have been around for a few years now, but it's only recently that my local Superdrug started stocking it and I got to see the palette in real life. Anyone else think Superdrug has got a lot better for makeup lately!? They're so much better than Boots now! But anyway as I said I've been using the Nude 'Tude Palette everyday and in my opinion, it's one of those all round versatile palettes that every makeup addict needs in their stash!


Considering it's middle of the range price tag, I'm really impressed with the quality of the shadows. The colour pay off is great and they really seem to glide on the skin effortlessly without loads of fallout. I love how versatile the palette is too, you can easily create a soft, natural, daytime eye but layer up the colour and you have a more intense, evening look  I've included below swatches of all the shades where the colour have been layered up twice. You can see just how well the frosted pale shades show up on my fair skin, but I bet they'd look even better on a darker skin tone!


The Nude'Tude palette contains a really great mix of frosted and matte shades, my particular favourites being 'Stand-Offish', a pale gold shimmer, for a neutral wash of colour, 'Sultry', a light matte brown, as a natural looking contour shade and 'Silly', a dark brown shade with gold glitter, to create more of an evening look. There are some great matte shades to use to line the eyes too, 'Sleek', a dark matte brown, is a nice alternative to black for under the eyes although 'Serious' a matte black, works really well to define the upper lash line too.

Tutorial:
The look below I created by applying 'Sleek' a matte burgundy shade to the socket line and blending upwards. Then I added 'Stand-Offish' all over my lid up to the socket line, lined my top lash line with 'Serious' to define and blended that out slightly. Finally I used what was left on my brush of 'Sleek' on my lower lash line and again just blended out the line slightly. I really liked the end result, I've never considered before using red eyeshadow but it ended up working really well! I actually used the little brush that came with the palette to line my eyes and blend out the shadow and it worked perfectly! It must be the first time I've ever used a brush that's come with a palette and thought it was good quality, usually they're cheap and rubbish!


If you haven't got it already, I would highly recommend The Balm Nude'Tude Palette. It's a great, cheaper alternative to the Urban Decay Naked Palettes and in my opinion the quality of the shadows is just as good. Now that The Balm Cosmetics is so much more widely available here in the UK, I'll definitely be giving more of they're products a try. I've heard great things about the Mary Lou Manizer Luminizer and Nude Dude, which is the second release of their nude eyeshadow palettes, so they're next on my list!

The Balm Nude'Tude Palette is currently available here for £29.99.

Have you tried anything from The Balm Cosmetics? Let me know if you have any recommendations!

Ellie x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Dressed. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig