Women around the world have kept the secrets of the best natural remedies for all our beauty dilemmas for centuries so I made it my mission to find out what makes them glowing and gorgeous. The results were pretty surprising, many of the ingredients you'll find in your kitchen cupboards so they're really cheap and simple alternatives to expensive creams and lotions.
- Egypt - Milk - Milk has been used for centuries in Egypt as an exfoliator and cleanser for the skin. Lactic Acid found in milk is a natural and gentle exfoliant whilst vitamins A and D enrich the skin to make it soft and moisturised.
- Mexico - Chocolate - The Mayans were the first to transform chocolate from Cacao Beans many centuries ago. In modern day Mexico chocolate is used by many as a moisturiser for the skin. Antioxidants in chocolate nourish and soften the skin.
- India - Turmeric - The spice Turmeric is used in India to tackle acne prone skin. Its anti inflammatory, antiseptic and pain reducing qualities make it perfect for the job. Turmeric, honey and water is combined to make a paste and applied to the skin.
- Indonesia - Tamarind Fruit - Indonesians have a natural alternative to skin peels, Tamarind Fruit. Tamarind Fruit is full of Vitamin C, natural acids and enzymes and when its pulp is applied to the skin, it works to gently exfoliate the top layer of the skin.
- Brazil - Carrot Juice - Brazilians are generally known for being bronzed beauties but they have a little help, Carrot Juice. It's regularly drank on the beach to help develop their tan from the inside out as it's highly pigmented.
- Chile - Red Grapes - Many women in Chile know the secret to glowing skin is red grapes. The grapes are crushed into a paste along with white flour and applied to the skin as a face mask. The antioxidant powers of red grapes leave the skin luminous and refreshed.
- Italy - Yoghurt and Olive Oil - Italian women mix yoghurt and olive oil and apply it to their hair as a conditioner to maintain their glossy locks. It gently nourishes hair and the all natural ingredients mean no harsh chemicals on the hair.
- Spain - Cranberry Juice - Cranberry Juice is used by many brunette women in Spain to create natural highlights in their hair. After rinsing the hair in cranberry juice, the sun does it's work the bring out natural golden highlights.