Wednesday 6 November 2013

Guy Fawkes Night




I hope you had a great Guy Fawkes/Bonfire/Firework Night last night Or maybe you're not British and have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about! Well basically it's a night where we set off fireworks and light huge bonfires on which we burn effigies of Guy Fawkes. It's all to celebrate the failed attempt of said Guy Fawkes, a man who tried to blow up the House Of Lords in London on the 5th of November in 1605. Most people remember the day with the poem below.



So now we've got that covered I want to tell you about the great evening I had at The Mayor's Firework Fiesta in Basingstoke last night. I have to say I was really impressed with the fireworks show, it lasted a good 20 minutes at least and there was plenty of oohs and aahs which is always a good sign. Well worth the £8 we paid and the 10 minutes we queued to get in! They also had a few fun fair rides and a couple of stalls as well as the tallest inflatable slide I have ever seen, all the children literally flew down it! It was terrifying to watch but they all seemed to love it! Obviously I took way too many photos, none of which are the best quality, but I included quite a few because I think they look quite pretty.















I told you there was a lot of pictures.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Dressed. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig