Monday 23 September 2013

YSL Rouge Volupte Lipstick

 

I couldn't resist writing about this lipstick because, well it's just too pretty not to. It's the Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte lipstick in the shade 'Peach Passion'. My lovely parents picked it up for me in duty free on a recent trip and I have to say, I don't think I've ever owned any make up with such pretty packaging. Generally I buy all my make up from Boots or Superdrug so to spend £24 on one lipstick would never have crossed my mind, thankfully it was £17 in duty free which still seems a lot but It's something I'll keep forever to sit pretty on my dressing table.      

Anyway enough about the price, I know these lipsticks have been around for quite a while and are best sellers for YSL and I can certainly see why. When first applied it's very glossy and quite wet but after a minute or so it dries to a creamy consistency. It really glides on to the lips which feels very luxurious and even for a pale pink lipstick the colour pay off is great. 'Peach Passion' is a gorgeous pale pink/coral colour which look amazing against my pale skin and I like to wear it with tons of mascara for long fluttery lashes for a real sixties look. It's a versatile enough colour that you can wear it year round which is ideal now the seasons are starting to change,   

However be aware if you have very dry lips as it tends to show up all the lines and cracks which isn't really ideal for a lipstick which is supposedly 'nourishing' for the lips. It does however last a good few hours as I was impressed to find out after a recent shopping trip. It's not so great when eating or drinking but then against most moisturising lipsticks aren't.

Now what can I say about the packaging, well it's just beautiful. The intricately carved logo design reminds you you've bought a very high quality product and of course it's touches like this that your paying the high price for. I love the added touch of having the colour of the lipstick on the packaging and I'm sorely tempted to collect all the colours just so I can display them on my dressing table. 
I'm not sure this lipstick has quite convinced me it's worth paying upwards of £20 for one lipstick as I still think there's some really great quality lipsticks available for a quarter of the price. I do think though that it would make a perfect Christmas or birthday present and  I'm sure most girls would be happy with such a luxurious and beautiful gift.
Available here for £24.50.
p.s. Keep up with all the latest on A Girl Called Eleanor by following me on Twitter, Bloglovin, Google+ and Pinterest. You can also sign up by Email in the side bar for regular post updates!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Dressed. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig