Thursday 5 September 2013

Maybelline 24HR Colour Tattoo


The other day I picked up these cream shadows on a three for two offer in Boots, they are the Maybelline 24hr Colour Tattoos in three different shades; Pink Gold, Permanent Taupe and On and On Bronze. I'd never really dabbled in cream shadows before I bought these so I've really been putting them to the test this past week.  

Pink Gold is a beautiful Baby Pink colour with a gold shimmer running through it. Permanent Taupe is the only matte colour in the trio and is a smokey grey/brown. On and On Bronze is a glitzy gold colour with a paler golden shimmer.

As you can see from the swatches, the colour pay off is really impressive. You only need the tiniest amount for a wash of colour on the lids or you can build it up for more of an evening look. In terms of application, I've found using my fingers to be the best way of applying these cream shadows, it's much easier to blend out the colour or build it up, it tends to get a little messy using a brush.

There's an obvious use for the 24hr Colour Tattoos as a base for your eye shadow which these work perfectly for. I found when I used these as a base my shadow lasted a lot longer and didn't crease at all. I can't say that they would last for 24 hours although I haven't actually put this to the test. Who wears the same make up for 24 hours anyway? However it's true to say they last all day whether they are worn on their own or as a base.   



The formula is spot on, its really creamy but once on the lid it transforms to a fine powder which is easy to blend out with out loosing any of the high pigment of colour. It doesn't crease or transfer once on and at the end of the day it's easy to remove. What more could you want from an eye shadow? 
I've been really impressed with these cream shadows and will definitely continue to incorporate them in to my every day make up routine. In fact I'm sorely tempted to buy a few more colours in the range!   

Available here for £4.99
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Dressed. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig