- Max Factor Nail Polish 'Diva Violet £3.99 superdrug.com
- L'Oreal Miss Manga Mascara 'Violet' £5.99 boots.com
- Maybelline Gel Liner 'Ultra Violet' £7.99 superdrug.com
- Maybelline Nail Polish 'Lavender Lies' £2.99 superdrug.com
- MUA Eyeshadow Shade 21 £1.00 superdrug.com
- Max Factor Shadow Pot Vicious Purple £4.99 superdrug.com
- Maybelline Colour Tattoo Endless Purple £4.99 superdrug.com
- Rimmel Glam'Eyes Trio £6.49 boots.com
- Bourjois Little Round Pot Blusher Rose De Jaspe £7.99 boots.com
Pantone recently announced their colour of the year as Radiant Orchid, 'a captivating harmony of fuschia, pink and purple undertones'. With regards to make up Pantone says it 'enlivens the skin' and is 'flattering to many hair, eye and skin tones'. I guess it can be flattering but it depends on how you wear it. Generally I think it's quite a tricky colour to pull off, I wouldn't go all out with it, instead I'd stick to subtle uses of the colour whether it be a purple mascara used on the tips of the lashes or a deep purple used in a smokey eye. It looks great on nail though!
It's certainly a color which is already popular with most drug store brands and with that in mind I've put together my pick of the best examples. There's some really great new products out at the moment using this shade, my favourites being the Maybelline Eyestudio liner in 'Ultra Violet' and the new L'Oreal Miss Manga mascara in 'Violet'. If you're feeling daring then I say go for it!
Check out the Pantone Colour Of The Year Radiant Orchid here.
What do you think of the colour they've chosen? Will you be wearing it? Let me know below!