Friday 3 January 2014

Pantone Colour Of The Year - Beauty Picks



Pantone recently announced their colour of the year as Radiant Orchid, 'a captivating harmony of fuschia, pink and purple undertones'. With regards to make up Pantone says it 'enlivens the skin' and is 'flattering to many hair, eye and skin tones'. I guess it can be flattering but it depends on how you wear it. Generally I think it's quite a tricky colour to pull off, I wouldn't go all out with it, instead I'd stick to subtle uses of the colour whether it be a purple mascara used on the tips of the lashes or a deep purple used in a smokey eye. It looks great on nail though!

It's certainly a color which is already popular with most drug store brands and with that in mind I've put together my pick of the best examples. There's some really great new products out at the moment using this shade, my favourites being the Maybelline Eyestudio liner in 'Ultra Violet' and the new L'Oreal Miss Manga mascara in 'Violet'. If you're feeling daring then I say go for it!

Check out the Pantone Colour Of The Year Radiant Orchid here.

What do you think of the colour they've chosen? Will you be wearing it? Let me know below!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Dressed. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig