Thursday 23 January 2014

Review - L'Oreal Miss Manga Mascara


I got my hands on the L'Oreal Miss Manga Mascara this week even though truthfully I didn't really need another mascara! I couldn't resist the hype and there's been a considerable amount of it about this latest release from L'Oreal. I think it's mainly due to the Japanese Manga reference, what girl doesn't want huge, cartoon style lashes! 

Firstly I have to mention the brush, when I first opened it up I was surprised at how thin the brush was, I was expecting a really fat brush mainly because I think you get more products on you lashes from larger brushes. Not only is it thin and tapered but it's also bendy, a first for a mascara wand I think. (If I'm wrong let me know!) It's been specifically designed for the brush head to bend in any direction although it does take quite a bit of pressure to get it to bend. I didn't manage it without nearly poking my eye out so I can't really say this design feature is all that useful. The tapered shape of the brush however is perfect for getting those inner and lower lashes coated. 


The actual mascara is fantastic, it's very wet but coats lashes beautifully! In the picture above I wanted to show you just how much of a difference one coat of the Miss Manga mascara makes, look how long my lashes are whilst having been perfectly separated and fanned out. It doesn't necessary make my lashes look thicker, that's what eyeliner is for, but it does make them long and fluttery and much darker in colour. It's mega volume name should be changed to mega lengthening instead! As I mentioned the formula is quite wet but it does dry very quickly so there is no worrying about smudging.


In terms of how long lasting it is, I'd say it's pretty good. It doesn't start to flake off until after around 10 hours of wear which is about average and so far I haven't noticed any smudges or black marks under my eyes at the end of the day. I don't really feel like it's given me manga style lashes but is has given me girly, long fluttery lashes that don't look over the top. This mascara is definitely going to the top of my favourites list!

L'Oreal Miss Manga Mascara - £8.99 boots.com

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Beauty Dressed. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig